- Witchclaws is a first era tactical / melee unit whose special ability teleports it up to 50m, to an enemy building. Ten seconds after teleportation, it explodes, doing damage to buildings only.
- As with all cards that make a friendly unit suddenly appear at a distant location (Teleportation, Transformation, and Mind Control cards, and spells that summon units), Witchclaws is unable to support the summoning of more units or buildings after it appears in the new location.
- Affinity: Infused
- Power: 30
- Activate to teleport the unit to a hostile structure within a 50m range. Cards can no longer be played out next to it once the unit has been teleported. At its new position it will explode after 10 seconds dealing 255 damage to hostile structures in a 20m radius, up to 765 in total. Knocks back small units.
- Affinity: Tainted
- Power: 30
- Activate to teleport the unit to a hostile structure within a 50m range. Cards can no longer be played out next to it once the unit has been teleported. At its new position it will explode after 10 seconds dealing 170 damage to hostile units in a 20m radius, up to 510 in total. Knocks back small units.
- Moves at high speed.
- Witchclaws can be very useful in PvP with its Swift ability keeping pace in the race for Monuments and Wells. Crucially, for some players, it is very inexpensive; even before the release of Amii Edition, Witchclaws broke the tradition of Pre-Release Cards fetching consistently high prices with rock bottom prices for the Tainted affinity. However, it is not a meta-game PvP card. Dreadcharger in particular is favored as an Era 1 Swift unit for Shadow, and Nightguard being a close second, some player's favorite, and with far reaching tactical potential.
- Nasty Surprise gives diminishing returns, because the unit can only explode once, but the Nasty Surprise explosion is more damaging.
- Creature card combos with Witchclaws are limited, once it has teleported.
- Unholy Hero
- The Infused Witchclaw was one of the Amii edition preview cards released in boosters of Lost Souls and Twilight Edition during the summer of 2010.
|Card Upgrade||Type or Ability||Effect|
|Witchclaws I||Tainted Infiltration||+10 damage per target, 30 in total|
|Witchclaws II||Tainted Infiltration||+20 damage per target, 60 in total|
|Witchclaws III||Tainted Infiltration||+20 damage per target, 60 in total|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.