Without proper support, Sun Reaver remains vulnerable against ranged attacks and even more so against flying units. Thus Mark of the Keeper or Timeshifter Spirit makes for an excellent combo. Without one, a rooted Sun Reaver's Metal Spikes ability CAN be used to take down small ranged attackers (especially when multiple Sun Reavers defend the same position), although the reload time is quite high. So it is often easier to simply uproot and advance to engage your ranged enemies in melee combat. Against flyers, the Sun Reaver either needs anti-air support, or help from cards that can drag flyers to the ground.
Reputedly strong against buildings, perhaps because of Burning Paws.
- Power: 50
- Activate to erupt a line of sharp metal spikes from the ground that deal several times damage to all enemies they strike. Each eruption of spikes deals 216 damage to all enemies they strike, up to 325 in total. Reusable every 30 seconds.
- Affinity: Gifted
- Enters this mode to become immobile and link the unit to a friendly root network. While connected Sun Reaver charges up his powers: if he is linked to the network for at least 10 seconds he will start to regenerate 45 life points every second for 15 seconds. As he is not able to generate any support for the network himself he needs to be linked into a network that already has members other than Sun Reaver units.
- Affinity: Infused
- Enter this mode to become immobile and link the unit to a friendly root network. While connected Sun Reaver charges up his powers: if he is linked to the network for at least 10 seconds he will be able to deal 50% more damage for 20 seconds. As he is not able to generate any support for the network himself he needs to be linked into a network that already has members other than Sun Reaver units.
- Enemies hit by Sun Reaver's glowing paws will be set on fire and take additional damage that steadily increases the longer they burn.
- Defensive Tank
- Cards with a Root Network
- Cards with a ranged attck
- Mark of the Keeper
- Timeshifter Spirit
- Cards with anti-air attacks
|Infused Sun Reaver I||Fire||Siege of Hope||Standard|||
|Infused Sun Reaver II||Fire||Bad Harvest||Advanced|||
|Infused Sun Reaver III||Fire||Bad Harvest||Expert|||
|Gifted Sun Reaver II||Fire||Mo||Advanced|||
|Gifted Sun Reaver III||Fire||Mo||Expert|||
|Card Upgrade||Type or Ability||Effect|
|Sun Reaver I||Lifepoints||+80|
|Sun Reaver I||Metal Spike*||+23 damage per target, 35 in total|
|Sun Reaver II||Lifepoints||+160|
|Sun Reaver II||Metal Spike**||+11 damage per target, 15 in total|
|Sun Reaver III||Lifepoints||+180|
|Sun Reaver III||Metal Spike***||+25 damage per target, 35 in total|