- A third Era XL archer unit with high power cost and high attack and defense, with the (expensive) ability to summon Snapjaws units, and buff any of the summoned Snapjaws (but not normally played Snapjaw cards) in its immediate vicinity (approximately 15m).
- Every 3 seconds, unit casts shocks of crystalline energy that deals 372 damage to enemies in a 15m radius around the target, up to 558 in total. Knocks back small and medium units.
- Affinity: Tainted
- Power: 100
- Activate to conjure 1 squad of Snapjaws with an affinity towards Shadow. They will have the same upgrade level as Satanael himself. While surrounding him Snapjaws will be infused by his infernal powers: they will then deal 150% more and take 50% less damage. Reusable every 30 seconds.
- Affinity: Infused
- Power: 100
- Activate to conjure 1 squad of Snapjaws with an affinity towards Fire. They will have the same upgrade level as Satanael himself. While surrounding him Snapjaws will be infused by his infernal powers: they will then deal 150% more and take 50% less damage. Reusable every 30 seconds.
XL units, particularly Third-Era XL units
- Of the third-Era XL units, only Juggernaut, Northland Drake and Satanael have XL attack.
- Satanael does not buff Snapjaws that a Satanael unit did not summon with its special ability; if a player plays out a Snapjaws unit with a Snapjaws card, that Snapjaws will not gain bonuses from a Satanael unit. However, a Snapjaws summoned with the special ability of one Satanael will gain bonuses from another Satanael, at least one of the same affinity.
- Until the Satanael card was released in Lost Souls Edition, Shadow was the only affinity with no damage-dealing third-era XL card, while Frost and Fire had two each (Wrathgazer has only its Disintegrate ability). Although Shadow has access to the second era XL unit Harvester (and no other affinity has one), Harvester is tremendously expensive, at 300 power; three Satanaels can be played for 60 more power than two Harvesters. Satanael has more attack power, and an XL attack, and there can be only so many Harvesters whose abilities can all be useful at once.
- It needs confirmation, but it seems sensible to assume that the second upgrade increase in damage to 'Snapjaws' again applies only to the ones summoned by a Satanael.
|Infused Satanael I||Shadow||The Treasure Fleet||Standard|||
|Infused Satanael II||Shadow||Titans||Advanced|||
|Infused Satanael III||Shadow||Titans||Expert|||
|Tainted Satanael I||Shadow||Nightmare Shard||Standard|||
|Tainted Satanael II||Shadow||Behind Enemy Lines||Advanced|||
|Tainted Satanael III||Shadow||Behind Enemy Lines||Expert|||
|Card Upgrade||Type or Ability||Effect|
|Satanael I||Fealty||+1 summoned creature|
|Satanael II||Fealty||50% more damage dealt by Snapjaws|
|Satanael III||Fealty||+1 summoned creature|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.